2013 BUYERS' GUIDE FOR ENTERPRISE
CARBON ACCOUNTING AND SUSTAINABILITY
Purpose of our ECA Report and Target Reader
The purpose of this report is to help organizations better
understand the emerging trends associated with the
calculation and disclosure of carbon emissions and to
identify the software vendors that best meet their needs.
The intended audience is CIOs, CFOs, Directors of EHS and
Sustainability, Directors of Energy, Directors of Facilities,
and sustainability and environmental consultants who will
be assisting their clients in selecting vendors. Our goals
are to save you research time and to help you make
better decisions when selecting an ECA solution.
Want to see what's included in the Enterprise Carbon
Accounting: Analysis of GHG Reporting and Software report?
You can download an excerpt of the report, including a
table of contents and sample data.
• Refine your business case for investment based on
20 key ECA software features and case studies.
Understand the 5 business pressures drive companies
to calculate and report GHG emissions, including
request from top customers (e.g. Walmart) and investors
(80% of large firms to report to CDP over next 2 years)
• Shorten your research time to develop short list of vendors
from the 75 vendors that sell ECA software
• Read profiles of top vendors, including for each a list of
major customers and a product screen shot.
Dynamics of the Vendor Market
• Many energy/utility bill management vendors now offer strong carbon modules
• Responding to environmental data requests from stakeholders for sustainability and compliance is the
top driver among purchasers.
• Supply chain initiatives like the Walmart supplier assessment program continue to drive sustainability efforts.
• The overall vendor market has matured. Overall growth in the market has slowed and average selling prices
have fallen. While dozens of vendors offer a solid, basic carbon reporting module, several industry leaders
are securing the majority of new wins.
Home | Our Team | Markets | Assessments | Solutions | Implementations | Research | News & Events | Blogs | Contact Us